1. Why must some track and field athletes, particularly female pole vaulters, strip to their underwear and male athletes do not compete topless? Why are male beach volley ballers more covered up more than their female counterparts?
2. If the butts of Olympic athletes (pole vaulters, triathloner, beach volley ballers, etc) are drooping, there is really no hope for us
3. Why do the male swimmers look so lean and not overly muscular, and the female swimmers look so muscular like men?
4. Why do the Japanese female football team travel in economy class, while their male counter parts travel in business? Why do the Australian female basketball team travel in economy class, while their male counter parts travel in business?
5. Why are Muslim women not getting bigger strides in sexual equality in Olympics?
6. Why must some female track and field athletes put so much (water proof) make up?
7. Why do the track and field athletes’ shoes, with their thin soles, look so different from the thick soles shoes that the shoe companies market us with?
8. Why are track and field athletes from the Carribbean so good in running when they live on small islands with not much land to run around?
9. Why do all table tennis players look like they are from the same country irrespective of the countries they are representing? (check out S M Ong’s funny blog on “foreign talents” in Singapore)
11. Why do the puny looking 48kg female weight lifters commit to the sport if no one is forcing them?
12. How do people get in the “atas” sports like Equestrain?
13. What is there a 23-year age limit for football/soccer players but no age limit for basket ballers?
14. Why is squash, played in 188 countries, not an Olympic sport but handball, which is mainly a European sport ,an Olympic sport?
15. Why are the Paralympics not featured on TV in Singapore?
16. Why is the Olympic update a one-man’s show with Mark Richmond talking only to the camera? Not to mention he looked over-worked with his unruly hair.
17. Why don’t more sport people represent Singapore for the world highest $1 million cash payout?
18. Why is Singapore, with a population of 5.2 million*, so much weaker (currently at 1B, 1 medal in total) in sports compared to New Zealand, with a comparable population of 4.4 milion (currently at 3G, 2S, 5B, 10 medals in total)?
(*ignoring the split between citizen and PRs)
Happy National Day, Singapore!